Saturday, August 22, 2009

Prayer Request for my Hubby

Do you ever just have times where you feel helpless?? Well this last 24 hrs has been that time for me...My Hubby is an awesome man and super strong and definitely always very healthy. Usually if he gets sick it has to be a big deal to keep him down, well this is one of those times where there is something big wrong because he is down and staying down :(

Last night when I went to bed I thought he was sound asleep so imagine my surprise when he started talking to me! I kind of wondered at first if he was talking in his sleep, he does do that LOL!! But he kind of mumbled something and I said "what are you doing awake" (remember I'm a night owl, so he should have been long asleep LOL) he says "I don't know, but is it cold in here"? I said no it wasn't cold and he responded that he was very cold. Mind you the man sleeps with a heavy comforter on him so I went and got his double fleece blanket and covered him up then took his temperature and he had a fever. So I got him some Motrin and then layed down and asked him what was going on with him because at that point I realized he was shaking horribly. He said he was having bad pain in the top of his leg and his chest. He also was having pain in his back but he thinks that's a pulled muscle from a couple of days ago. I asked him to describe the pain and he couldn't, he was just hurting everywhere and was cold and shaking and had chills. So I just figured he must be getting a flu bug or something but the pain in his leg and chest threw me off...I wanted to get up and google for information but my internet was down yesterday, again...So when he got up this morning (which he didn't ever really sleep) he decided he wasn't going to work. So finally my internet was up so I started googling his symptoms and I ended up calling the Dr's office, so they of course said to bring him down they didn't think it was a flu bug.

So we went to the Dr and he told him everything that had gone on (with some help from me of course). The Dr decided that he thought Hubby had passed a Kidney Stone into his bladder, but to be extra cautious they had him do a full blood work up. When they got that back the Dr was a bit shocked to find that Hubby's WBC was at 15,000 and by their scale they like them to be 5,000 - 8,000 so then he ordered a urine sample and they found that his urine was 99% bile. So then he tells us that means his Kidney's are backed up and that the stone is probably blocking something and preventing them to work right. So he was told they wouldn't make him check into the hospital if he promised to take it easy and drink at least 12 oz of water an hour so he said he would..I am to take him back in the morning and they will redraw his CBC to check the WBC count, if it is better then that's good if it's not better then they will probably be sending us on to the hospital in the city...

He has had a rough night so far. He has kind of cycled through all of the symptoms a few times and will feel OK for a little while and then crashes again...He's asleep now, he was starting another fever as he layed down..He was chilled feeling and cold again..So hopefully tomorrow will be a brighter day...


12 comments:

  1. Oh, I hope he is better soon. I will keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about your hubby!! I hope he gets better real soon! I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope things are looking up today. Kidney stones I hear are terrible not to say with other complications.... I've been told by women that it is worse than childbirth - Hope all is well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, I know that you already know but, we are praying for him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about your hubby--will keep you all in my prayers. Hope he is on the mend soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sick husbands are the worst! I hope he gets better soon. Your in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor thing! Wow he's a trooper. Kidney stones are supposed to be like the worst pain ever. I will be praying that God heals his body and gives him relief from the pain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, poor hubby! Hopefully he passes that soon and gets to feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow.. we're having a ruff time here too.. so prayers for you.. those are tuff times..
    PHil 4:13 for us all

    gp

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no! How scary! You were smart to call the doctor, and don't hesitate to take him in again! I am hoping the stones clear themselves out soon! I have never experienced this but know people who have and supposedly it's very painful. Sending warm thoughts and prayers your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks EVERYONE!!! You all are great and thank you so much for the prayers!! I did take him back and what we found was quite interesting...Posted update!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Wordle: AMD