Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Day at the Creek with DD

My DD is in the 5th grade this year!!! Part of the joy of being in 5th grade at her school is they have their own "wildlife/waterlife" area..So her first project was catching some critters out of the creek to take to school to add to their "pet" collection!!

DD checking out her favorite mini waterfall LOL!



Catching some snails



Looking for her next spot to go :)



She was so excited as we gathered her strainer and bucket and headed down the road to the creek!! Well much to our surprise the majority of the creek beds were dry!! But yet the sides of the road were flooded!! We had had lots of rain so I expected there to be some water LOL!! SO we went through some mud holes for a while and most of what she was catching were snails...So we decided to move on to another creek down the road!

Still looking!!



"Look MOM I got Snails"!!!!



Side of the road puddle LOL!!



Down at this other creek it was beautiful!!! We just loved it! Crystal clear water flowing. Pink and green and corral rock in the bed of the creek!! Oh it was so awesome, we're very excited to go back again! So there we caught 1 bull frog, the only one that's been caught in the 5th grade thus far :) We caught 5 minnows, 1 baby fish, 3 baby crawdads, and a bunch of snails!! So we had a blast and found lots of neat critters!!

Seriously this is the creek!! Where in the heck is all of the water?!?!



She's loving the new spot we found!



Such a beautiful creek!


LOL!! I thought this was pretty cool!!




My friend, he kept flying around me :)


Going deep!!








Carrying a bucket full!!



Bucket fishing LOL!!



HMMM.....



Catching a Minnow



Oh I loved all of this rock bed!! So pretty through the crystal clear water!!



Flowing of the river.....



Almost done for the day!!! She was so proud!!



6 comments:

  1. What a fun time with DD - You have some beautiful country!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surely sounds like fun!! I love DD's wading boots! :)

    How's your hubby??

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, I just made a private blog, and I would be honored if you would join it. I don't think I have your email address, but you can either leave me a comment with your email or I can give you mine. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great time catchin' critters! Love the creeks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful photos and it looks like she is having a great time.
    I hope that hubby is doing better.
    Thanks for sharing.
    God bless

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE DD's boots! I hope that your hubby is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Wordle: AMD