Monday, August 24, 2009

Another Update...

OK so finally home from the hospital AGAIN!!! Took Hubby back as the rash was spreading and the pain was moving up his leg and the Lymph Nodes were hurting again...So once at the hospital the Dr came into see him and reviewed his results from last night (ok Saturday night LOL) then he came in and reported that his Platelets were low Saturday so he ordered another round of blood..After the lab being down for a good few HOURS and the Dr finally figuring out they were having a malfunction, he proceeded to get on their case a little (oh yeah I guess I should mention that this Dr is an old friend) so they had to redraw Hubby's blood and put him at the top of the stack so we then waited for at least another hour and a half!!! But he was checking the platelets and PT INR (blood clotting factor) finally the results were done and the platelets were at 149 and their normal scale runs 150-450 so that was OK, the night before it was 117...So then we had also discussed the fact that his WBC were so high Friday and then Saturday was OK. Dr was a bit worried if they would get low so today's reading was 4.8 and their scale runs 5.0-10.00 so not considered technically "low"...But Dr helped us find a Dr for Andy to follow up with, so he is supposed to see him Tuesday. Of course if anything changes he is to report back ASAP!! We currently have a pen outline where the rash is so that we can see if it spreads out more..

As he layed down to sleep tonight (this morning) he said his leg is throbbing!! Hoping for a better day tomorrow...

9 comments:

  1. I am so sorry that ya'll are facing this. I had no idea. I hope you get some clear answers Tuesday at the Dr. I know it can be frustrating to not know what is going on and not be able to get a clear answer.

    Prayers for you BOTH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for healing at this very minute, in the Name of Jesus, amen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Father, I begin by praising you that you have a plan for this. This did not come as a surprise to You, You knew that this was going to happen, and You have known since before the foundations of the earth how this is going to end up. So Lord, I thank You that You are in control, and we are not. You know that it is our request that Country Girl's hubby is healed, with no lasting damage, and that the pain goes away very soon. But if this is not Your will, then I ask for whatever will glorify You. I ask for peace for their whole family, peace in knowing that You are in charge and You have a plan that is best. Glorify Yourself in this, Lord, and use it to bring people closer to You. Thank You, in Jesus' precious Name, amen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still keeping you in my thoughts and prayers! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sure hope they can figure out what is causing this!! Your poor hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! I'm so sorry! I hope the Drs can figure out what's causing these symptoms. Prayers for hubby that the pain will be eased and you can all have some peace.

    (((HUGS)))
    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. your husband is in my prayers... I know how these things can be scarey..hang in there.. look up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. praying for you, so sorry hubby isn't doing well it is never easy, big hug.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all...I'm in tears reading your prayers and I thank each of you for them...Tonight I sit with a heavy and sad heart and I do not know why...I'm hoping it's just nerves..

    Hugs to you all!! Your so great to me, and each one of you has made me smile so thank you...

    ReplyDelete

Wordle: AMD