Saturday, February 28, 2009

In Full Swing

So today was the day...Day 1 of bull riding for J. The day started off with some basic lessons about their ropes, gloves, spurs, and proper mount and dismount. After the lessons where finished they were moved to the chutes where there was a steer in the chute and the instructor gave them the do's and don'ts about getting on the bull. Apparently he decided to use J as his demonstrator and I believe he was a bit nervous about that, Hubby says he kept gravitating to the back of the group and the instructor would bring him back up front LOL!! Well they took a break for lunch and to thaw off as well, as it was only 20 degrees where they were today. After lunch they rode a tame steer around the arena to get the feel of the movements. Then about mid afternoon I receive a message from Hubby that J is getting ready for his first ride...*eeep*...Hubby said the boys and men gathered in a circle for a prayer over the group which I thought was great!! But it amazed me how it hit me when I received that message I instantly teared up and got really scared. I immediately texted my loved ones and asked them for a prayer as I was saying one as well. I had know idea that I would react that way...I feel like maybe I was a little mislead about the situation because I was under the impression that they would only be riding a mechanical bull and maybe a smaller steer today?? I don't know what or why it changed but it did. Hubby called me after the ride, which I might say was a nerve wracking time for me. He said J rode a white Brahma Bull, and when they came out of the chute the bull took off running and then started bucking. He bucked a few times and then J went flying straight up into the air and then landed on his head....He immediately got up and ran for the fence and told Hubby that the bull had kicked him in the head and Hubby told him "no the bull didn't kick you in the head the dirt did!! Cause you landed head first on the ground", I don't think J was finding any humor at that point. I finally got to talk to him myself and asked him if he was scared and how did he feel while he was riding the bull?? He said he was really scared and it felt like he was watching someone else ride. I asked him if he is ready to do it again tomorrow and he said yes he is....






Today is also the start of "girls weekend" for me and DD. We love to do this every time the boys are gone!! So tonight we went to my SIL and worked on some business things and DD did some hand-sewing with her cousin. Tomorrow we have a big day planned. We will go to lunch at a new fantastic restaurant (so I hear it's great) then off to the mall, then we will be seeing 2 movies LOL!! So pretty busy time for us...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Wordle: AMD